BELTEL and N.N. Petrov Cancer Center of the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation have built a modern Telemedicine Center which supports the existing medical imaging standards.
The Center consists of a Telemedicine Station with consulting physicians’ workplaces and a teleconcilium area, and a Conference Room designed for training sessions, meetings and clinical rounds. The equipment of the Conference Room allows the center’s diagnosticians to interact with the Federal Telemedicine Network of the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation, set up high-definition videoconferences, diagnose using precision diagnostic imaging, and issue digitally signed medical assessment reports.
- Videoconference-based teleconciliums via the Internet or secure channels of the Federal Telemedicine Network (FTMN) of the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation
- Collection and distribution of FTMN requests
- Uploading images and medical documents to the Center’s information systems
- Preparation of medical assessment reports
- Signing medical documents with the use of a digital signature and sending them to recipients via the FTMN
- Online communication with consulting physicians over secure channels of the FTMN with the use of workplace digital cameras
- Lectures and presentations, including demonstration of videos
- Live streaming of lectures and presentations via the FTMN of Interned with feedback in the format of moderated chatting or videoconferencing
- Videoconferences with multiple remote participants
- Two-way videoconferencing with remote internal and external operating theaters for surgery master classes with video and audio streaming via the FTMN of Internet
- Adding participants of tele- and videoconferences, both internally and externally
BELTEL experts have completed all the project phases, including design, supply of hardware and software, installation and commissioning.
Since the completion of the project in the middle of July 2019, 60+ events have been hosted by the Center, including webinars, distant learning activities, telemedical consultations, interregional teleconferences, and master classes. Thanks to the new solutions, the quality of the content and the agility of the Center’s operations were taken to a much higher level.
As part of project development, workplaces were equipped with telemedicine workstations for consulting physicians, radiologists and pathologists.